Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
Role and Facility Information
Part time 4 days a week, preferably morning sessions. Available now.
In accordance with the standards of practice and the established vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health, the psychiatrist who accepts this position will evaluate, diagnose and provide state-of-the-art, specialized inpatient treatment for patients of ages 17 and up suffering from wide spectrum of serious psychiatric disorders. The psychiatrist works in collaboration with other physicians, psychologists, nurses, psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, peer-support workers, patients and their families to provide comprehensive clinical services. The psychiatrist will serve as a resource in dealing with mental health issues and symptom management with a strong knowledge base in psychopharmacology and psychotherapy. The psychiatrist will also be involved in innovative treatment interventions and will participate in the training and education of medical students, residents and other allied health professionals. Active participation in academic activities and clinical care is expected. The psychiatrist should have a good knowledge of Community resources.
All physicians working in Vancouver Acute are required to participate in on-call.
The Short stay Inpatient service is a 20 bed integrated clinical unit on Segal 5. Providing patient focused care for people with psychiatric disorders and their families. It offers excellence in clinical care based on the best available evidence and treatment tailored to each person’s individual needs. The clinical program integrates biological treatments (pharmacotherapy, ECT and Psychotherapy).
- A Medical Degree and eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Specialist qualifications in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Eligibility for a clinical faculty appointment with the UBC Faculty of Medicine.
- Additionally, the candidate should have:
- A demonstrated ability working as a member of an interdisciplinary mental health team.
- A commitment to participate in new methods in health improvement and care delivery.
- Experience working with a General psychiatric disorders population of varying complexity..
- Experience with academic psychiatry.
- Publications in academic journals.
- Candidates must meet the credentialing requirements of Vancouver Coastal Health.
The psychiatrist will report to the Head and Medical Director, Department of Psychiatry, Vancouver Acute through the Medical Manager, Inpatient Services.
The psychiatrist will provide a minimum of 4 half-days of work per week in a blended billing model (Sessional and Fee-for-service). Physicians are responsible for their own billings.
Interested applicants, please apply to Health Match BC Posting #3430 by clicking on the "" link below.
Please include with your application a cover letter, CV and any other relevant documents for review.
To be discussed during interview process